Tuesday, April 2, 2013

After so many No's... we got a Yes!

Sort of a weird post title but it describes trying for a baby so well. Sorry if this post has "TMI" but that's part of pregnancy :)  I had to track when I ovulated while we were trying because I was all over the charts.  That my friends gets really old.  You not only go through the mental game of getting a bunch of No's from your ovulation tests but you also have to deal with it when the pregnancy test says No.  So it weights on you mentally real fast.  I am naturally a really impatient person so trying for a baby was killer! We tried for 5 months before it worked.  Which for me was sooo long! I have had so many people tell me that is nothing compared to the years they have tried.  Which they are so right.  For those who try for years and have no success my heart goes out to you.  I was not made to go through something like that.  I really think you people have hearts of gold and are the toughest ladies out there!

So today was our first doctor appointment.  I am 10 weeks and have had some pregnancy signs.  I didn't throw up once until after the appoinment today. Sort of ironic.  I have had major acid reflux though.  I've told Davis countless times that I would rather throw up and get it over with than have that constant acid reflux all day long. Call me crazy but it is torture. I feel totally fat too.  Which I just have to deal with because it is all for the baby but I totally see what girls mean when they are barely showing and say they still feel fat.  You just feel bloated all the time.  So anyways about the appointment.  My doctor is Edwin England and he is awesome.  He delivered my niece and my cousin's baby.  He got the ultrasound going which is sooooo cool! Once he got on the heart the heartbeat was so loud.  It's way fun to see your little baby even if they do look like a blob. For some weird reason the baby was measuring super small so he said I was two weeks off.  Which doesn't make sense cause I know when my last "Aunt Flow" was and there is no way I would only be 8 weeks.  The math doesn't work out. So I am chalking it up to a small baby that is still 10 weeks.  My original due date was Halloween and he changed it today to Nov. 13.  But I just know that the due date will change again once the baby is bigger so I'm not too worried.  And I'm still going to go off of being 10 weeks. The heart rate was 160.  Which is right in the middle of the boy and girl heart beat myth.  So we have zero hint as to what it is.  I honestly think it is a girl and davis thinks it is a boy.  But of course he thinks it is a boy. :)  Either way I love this baby so much already.  Pregnancy is one hard thing to deal with but so worth the prize in the end.  It's still weird to me to think I am going to be a mom! Some little snot face is going to call me mom.... crazy.  I'm feeling old ha ha.  Anyways here is the ultrasound! Cute.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Whitney girl! I am so so so excited for you!! Just a little advice... I had acid reflux bad with both my babes and I took an antacid every morning to help. Also... snack lots and always keep something in your tummy, it'll help with the nausea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... When I found out I was pregnant I should have been 8 1/2 weeks along according to my last period, but when I went to the doctor they did an ultrasound and I really was two weeks behind. They say that the early ultrasound is the most accurate thing to go off and I had Brooks exactly 1 day early and they stuck with that early ultrasound due date my whole pregnancy. Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is because it would have been super hard to expect to go and then be two or three weeks past your due date. Me and you, we just ovulate at super random times. The reason it's off from your period is because you ovulated later than normal. I ovulated on like day 30 (instead of 14 for "regular" people). But congrats! I am so so so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete