Friday, May 18, 2012

One Year Later....

Last Friday May 11 was our one year anniversary.  Time flies when you are having fun. It was fun to reflect on the past year of being married.  We have had quite the life so far.  We had an awesome wedding and then went to Hawaii for our honeymoon.  Hawaii is incredible and now I see why everyone says it is paradise. Then my parents took us on a cruise with my extended family which was a blast!!! We've also been on lots of other fun trips like Island Park, Lake Powell, Bear Lake and New York.  I don't think we have suffered much with the vacation area.  We got to live in my grandma's condo rent free because I have the most awesome family.  it was so nice of them to let us live there for 8 months and only pay utilities.  As newlyweds that helped us out huge and we were able to save some money.  Then we moved into my in-laws basement and will be there a total of 6 months before our house is built.  I would say that is the biggest thing in our first year of married, we bought a house! We are so excited for our house to be built.  The process will be fun and will involve a lot of Saturday drives to Thanksgiving point. In fact they are digging the hole today so we are going to go out there as a date for tonight.  Me, Davis and our dirt hole on a Friday night.  I wouldn't have it any other way. 

For our one year anniversary we went up to Stein Erikson Lodge for the weekend. Stein is a one of a kind place to go to for a celebration.  We had a sweet room and lived down at the pool.  They just re-did the pool/spa there and it is so awesome.  They have a massive stone fire place at the pool. So sweet. Then we did the usual Park City date night plan and got dinner at Baja Cantina and then walked Main Street.  Another fun thing I've never done in Park City is eating breakfast on Main Street. Saturday morning we ate breakfast at the Eating Establishment which was so good and not expensive.  All in all it was such a fun weekend.  I love Davis more than I thought I could ever love someone.  We have so many fun memories together and it has only gotten better as time goes by.  I am so lucky to have him in my life!

This was our room:
 The famous Stein Robes...



Then we ate our cake after a year of being in the deep freeze.  Surprisingly it tasted awesome! And I think it looked amazing and still just as beautiful as our wedding day.  ---funny story: we started driving up to Stein at like 8:30 Friday night because we ate dinner at Rodizio Grill and then had to still pack our stuff for the weekend.  As we got to the Parley Ways exit to head towards Park City Davis remembered we forgot the cake! You can't have a one year anniversary and not eat your cake from your wedding! So we went all the way back home and got the cake.  Which I was kinda glad because Greg had saved 2 cokes from our wedding dinner so we could have them at our one year anniversary.  So cute of him! 

Davis smelling it for inspection ha ha what a geek



Happy Anniversary to us! One year down, eternity to go! (Guarantee aunt shell is making fun of me for that line ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment