Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Babies

You know what, my sisters keep having kids and with every baby they pop out I ask my self again, "How is it you love these kiddos so much when they aren't even yours?"  I can only imagine what the love feels like when the kid is really your own.  I imagine how my niece and nephew's life will be when they grow up and what trials they will go through.  My hearts aches for both of them knowing at some point in life they will go through disapointment, heart break, guilt or even sadness.  But then there is the happier end of the spectrum like falling in love, graduating college, having lots of friends and other stuff like that. 

Sunday night before Beau had his next head scan, we as a family (Firths + Blands + Gardners) went to he hosptial to give him a blessing. Griff was the only Bland boy present so he started the blessing off.  As soon as all the men were gathered around Beau, having their hands on each other backs, heads down and one finger placed so lightly on his head, the tears came.  I took a picture which is probably againts the rules in a blessing but it was one of those moments you don't want to forget. I was so proud of Davis, Roger, my dad and Griff for being worthy to give Beau that blessing.  Totally cried!



Preemie babies are quite the experience.  It is a constant roller coaster of emotions.  One second you think that little baby is way ahead of the game and the next second his/her sats are so bad you wonder if he/she can get through the night. And these kids aren't even mine! I have to hand it go my sisters who both have had a preemie baby now.  And to my mom and dad who experienced having 3 preemie babies. I hope I never have to go through this.  Well I probably won't since I was the only fat tard that made it to my due date. Yep I stayed in the cooker so I've been named the "normal" child from my mom since I was litle. BIG girl was a good girl!

I can't wait for this little guy to be home so we can all hold him and love him.



He is such a tiny little squirt ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. He is SO tiny! It is so precious! I hope that you have little fat tards just like (the privious) you! Ha Ha! You are so funny! Lets do dinner and games again soon! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete