Thursday, December 8, 2011

Festival of Trees

So like all the other 500 people out there, I am used to going to the festival of trees to see what everyone created.  This year was a bit different.  My in-laws go to the "bidding" night every year which I never understood how that night even worked.  So Davis and I went with Diane this year and it was the coolest experience ever!  First of all it's like an auction which if you really want something there you have to pull out the claws to get it.  We weren't even planning on buying anything because most of it is priced pretty steep, rightfully so since it is a charity.  So when we got there Davis turned to me and said let's make this fun and buy something.  Totally a "Cort Firth" moment.  I LOVE spontaneity!  We totally can't afford it but we did it any way. :)  It was the funnest memory to have together.  So we saw some mini trees that were really cute. We bid on one and then kept walking because I guess that's how it goes.  According to Davis you can't stand by the thing you want or you are to obvious and you won't get it.  I've never been to an auction so I had no clue what I was doing. Well we ended up getting out bid and they closed the bidding on the little trees.  So we went to see the wreaths.  Oh they were so awesome! People are seriously so creative.  I wish I had that type of imagination. 

Well the wreaths had quite the experience attached to them.  I found this wreath...

I thought it was sooo cute! Davis said, no comment ha ha.  Which means, "Wow whit, really? It's butt ugly"  Such a boy! So I bid on it and I stayed right next to that puppy.  I wanted it! Davis made fun of me because I was so obvious about which thing I wanted but eh who cares.  So this lady bid on it too.  So I bid $1 over whatever she bid.  Then the bidding closed and we did a silent bid.  Holy hectic! My mind was going crazy! So they give each bidder a blank card and you have to write the highest amount you will spend on it.  So we had a "cap" on what Davis and I would spend so I wrote that number down hoping I out bid her.  Seriously I was like sweating and blushing and my head felt hot and my feet were swelling and oh man i was so nervous.  I think I just wanted it all so bad and I felt so funny trying to out bid this chick.  Well.... I lost.  She out bid me by $10.  Tramp.  Ha ha jk. 

So we went back to the mini trees to see if any of the sad little ones didn't get purchased.  If some of them weren't purchased people can go back and buy them at their starting price. So........ Drum roll......... we found this little beauty!




OK yes it looks silly but I fell in love with it! We took off the ugly snow flakes dont' worry.  It is at my house for all you Christmas lovers who want to come see it.  DON'T be hatin on the gold tree named "Sparkalicious"! And yes people I didn't even name it that the person who created it did.  I'd say we were meant for each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment