Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some old and Some new

On Aug. 6 which is a Saturday, I woke up to Davis outside cleaning my Altima.  My car was getting older and having more miles put on it and we decided to sell it awhile ago but never got around to doing it.  So Davis woke up early to get it super clean so we could at least take pictures to have for when we put it on ksl.  Well in the mean time he had found a little truck he wanted to buy to replace the Altima.  So he cleaned my car and then drove to Spanish Fork to buy this beauty of a truck.  While he was gone I figured I'd start the ad on ksl to sell my car.  I was in the middle of uplaoding my 4th of 9 pictures for the car when a guy called me to come look at it.  I was totally shocked that it was even on the internet since I hadn't even finished uploading pictures.  The guy came and looked at it and said well I know you are asking $3000 for it but I will go and get cash right now and  pay you $2,900.  I told him to go and get the cash and then come back.  I called Davis freaking out! He was laughing so hard and was also schocked that I had sold my car with in the 2 ish hours of him being gone to buy another car! What! How does that happen? We were so blessed to not only sell my car but to get rid of it so quickly and get that much out of it.  My mom and dad thought  I'd only get $1000 for it.  My sweet sister Ash thought I had only gotten $1500.  No faith in the old Brown bee bee! So here our new Ride! Watch out her beauty might make you jealous!


Yes yes it has a shell.  You can't tell but it doesn't even match... its gray.  Yep a true beauty!



The next week we had planned a Harley trip with Warnocks.  Every year there is an event called Sturgis at Mount Rushmore where all the hardest biker dudes basically ride through there the entire week.  Super cool.  Like all the rider gangs come and tons of police force are there to make sure its all safe and kind between people.  But the trip got rescheduled to next year.  So since we both had already taken work off we planned a married trip. 

I chose to go to Cali and Davis just said ok! Such a nice guy :)  I love San Diego because my family has a tradition of going there every other year and staying at the Catamaran Resort.  It is so much fun because it is right across the beach in Mission Valley and has beautiful grounds.  Well we are poor newlyweds so we stayed at a La Quinta like 5 minutes away from the Catamaran.  So it was still so awesome.  We beached it every day, went to the Zoo, went to the temple which is gorgeous and shopped until we dropped!  I have Meg and Callie for Christmas so they really benefited from this shopping trip. 





No comments:

Post a Comment